Sunday, February 3, 2013

Quick Skyrim comparison on Lenovo Ideapad P580


Here is a quick screenshot comparison of Skyrim in different settings running on the Lenovo Ideapad P580. Both screenshots are taken while running at 60 fps, which I was surprised to see after changing the settings.

Image 1, with Medium texture settings and the rest either off or low:



Image 2, with High texture settings and all follow graphic options set to medium:



As stated, neither change in settings negatively impacted the FPS.  I will tinker with the draw distances to see if there are further changes, but this seems to be the most pertinent change.  So far I'm pleased with the capability of this laptop.  Still awaiting my cooling pad before I put it through much strain for an extended period.  Lenovo seems to make a product that can perform. Fraps also recorded screen capture on the high settings at a steady 30 fps.

Side note: boring day at work.  Call-free for 8 days now.  I am hoping tomorrow will bring some activity.

No comments:

Post a Comment