Monday, February 11, 2013

Dead Space 3 Performance and Impressions

I've been playing Dead Space 3 on my P580 and I must say I am quite impressed with performance.  I was skeptical and looking forward to testing this game on the laptop because it is a new release and tends to be quite visually appealing.  I have the game set to High settings with Vsync on, and the game runs 100% consistently at 30fps.  Now bear in mind, the game is capped at 30 fps! It is impossible to go above that running this game (some sort of port-related issue.  But I'm very happy. Very smooth.  Can even video capture without taking a hit.  Furthermore impressed with the computer.  I will soon stop testing and just accept it's performance because I have not been let down yet.

As far as impressions of the game, it is a fun action game with some very entertaining sequences.  Although it lacks the atmosphere and horror element of the first two, it is still fun from an action game standpoint.  But nevertheless I am disappointed that they have strayed from the tension-building horror approach.

Here are some screen captures:










Until next time, cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment